Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Fall FHE

A Fall Family Night at Kaysville Botanical Gardens


I have been dying to go to one of those corn maze places and do the hayride thing during the fall since i moved to Utah but for some reason have never gone. This year I really wanted to take Chelsea to one of them but she's still kinda young and so Brad and I decided to wait until next year when she will be able to walk around and enjoy it a bit more. But that didn't stop us from having a little fall fun for family night. Brad, Chelsea and I teamed up with my sister-in-law Stacey and my nephew Braxton and headed down to the Botanical Garden in Kaysville. It was a super fun thing that they put on for families for FREE. We dressed the kids up in their Halloween costumes and we each got to choose a pumkpin and they had all kinds of fun activities for the kiddies, face painting, coloring, pumpkin carving, a witch reading halloween stories, etc. It was really cute and fun. They also had this cute little walk way that was lined with all of the pumpkins that high school kids from Davis High carved. So we took the kids and walked up and down and took some fun pics. My favorite pumpkin was the Homer Simpson one. Very creative! Anyway, it was a fun way to enjoy the fall weather and enjoy some time together as a family. Just another reason I love Utah...fun, family events for FREE!


1 comment:

Allison said...

So much fun! I am jealous! I fear that this Halloween season slipped past too quickly and I didnt take advantage of it. I am glad that you did!

BTW - you look really, really good!