Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Fondant Cake

TADA!  I just finished my fondant and gumpaste class and this is my first fondant/gumpaste cake.  It's a yellow cake with a chocolate Mouse filling and chocolate buttercream icing underneath the fondant.  It's covered in a lime green fondant with a lime green/pink pearl border.  The sides have medium and small gum paste daisies and on the top there are 3 gum paste carnations. Other than a few "battle wounds" from the transportation back and forth from my cake class it ended up pretty good I think. Some one really needs to have a birthday soon so that I can try out some other fun ideas!

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute! I love it! The colors are great!

Tracy said...

That looks amazing! It sounds really yummy too! Great job;)

Janae said...

The cake looks wonderful and delicious!!! Very cute!

Erin said...

Wow! That's amazing! I would not have guess those carnations weren't real.

Allison said...

That is soooooo cute! You are quite the little cake maker. Now I really, really want a piece of cake.

Jeff and Mandy said...

Adorable! I wish it was my bday! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is awesome, great job Mo!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is awesome, great job Mo!!

lisa c. said...

Well, if we could transport that cake to San Diego, I'd so take it!!!