I just went back and read my Easter post from last year and found myself laughing. What a nightmare Easter was last year. I can definitely say that this year's Easter was a thousand times better. It was calm, there was no sick child involved, no dessert disasters and I got the spiritual upliftment that was lacking last year. While Brad attended the Priesthood session of General Conference, Chelsea and I spent the evening at home coloring Easter eggs.
But it would have had to have been an Easter Miracle to expect that I could do this kind of project with a toddler and have no accidents. On the second to last egg to be dyed Chelsea knocked over the red dye cup and spilled red dye all over her, all over my kitchen table, and all over my kitchen floor. I think she will probably have red feet until next Easter.
I doubt that stain will come out!
But in the end we ended up with some pretty colored eggs!
Easter morning was very nice. Chelsea woke up, checked out the "goods" from the "Easter Bunny", took Daddy his "goods" and then we enjoyed the Stearman family tradition of strawberry waffles and General Conference. Both the strawberry feast and the spiritual feast were delicious.
taking daddy's easter basket up to him (he was still sleeping)
Wake up DAD the Easter Bunny came!
Daddy read Chelsea the "Jesus Story" (Easter story) while mommy made breakfast.
Later in the afternoon we headed over to Brad's parent's house for Easter dinner and a super fun Easter egg hunt with all the cousins. Grandma Babs must have told the Easter bunny that all the kids were gonna be at her house because he brought another easter basket full of goodies for Chelsea.
The Easter Egg hunt was great but I don't think Chelsea's got the whole hunting thing down. She seemed to be more interested in playing and running around than actually searching for eggs. We got some fun pics anyway.
check out all the eggs Chelsea found!
The rest of the evening was spent playing with cousins, eating yummy food (thanks Barb & Stacey), and relaxing.
The Cousins-Kaleb, Braxton, Tavi and Chelsea
Yep...this Easter was definitely an improvement over last year! The only thing that would have made it better would be a nice big bag of Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs. The Easter Bunny visited 6 stores and still couldn't find them. Maybe next year!
4 comments:
Looks like fun! I have always been to afraid to let the kids do the eggs by themselves. They color with the crayon and I dunk them! Happy Easter!
I have a spare bag if you want it. I ate one it took me about a week to eat. I love those! Smith's was my friend this Easter.
I'm glad to hear this Easter went better this year. It looks like it was a fun weekend.
I cannot believe how big Chelsea is getting! She looks like a little lady now. So adorable. Looks like she made out like a bandit with all her goodies.
So much fun! Glad you were able to have a snow free Easter egg hunt!
Post a Comment