Friday, October 17, 2008

My Beef With Utah

I moved to Utah in the middle of the winter at the very end of 2005. From the day I moved here my life has made several significant changes...for the better. My (almost) 3 years here in the Beehive State have been wonderful. There are so many things I love about being here, temple square is so close, there are so many wonderful things to do (hiking, camping, parks to visit etc.), everything is family oriented here, 4th of July is celebrated more than one time (which means multiple chances to see fireworks), you get July 24th off of work to celebrate Pioneer Day (what other state lets you do that?), ALL but a few of my friends have migrated here as well so I am surrounded by them, there is a Deseret Book on every corner so if you need something gospel related...you just head to your nearest mall or just go to Wal-mart...they've got all kinds of churchy stuff there too, and let not forget that Lion House rolls are only a hop skip and a jump away.
But with this long list of reasons why I LOVE living in this great state, I have a beef with Utah. Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT a fan of the snow. I HATE HATE HATE the winters here. I hate driving in the snow. I hate being cold. I hate being stuck inside for months on end because I don't want to go outside and be in the cold. I hate having to put on 15 layers just to go to the grocery store. I hate the traffic that comes with the snow and that it takes me 5 times longer to get anywhere because of it. I hate being afraid that I'm going to slip on the ice and fall and break my ankle while walking to the mail box. I hate shoveling my drive way. I hate scraping the ice from my windshield. I think I'm painting a pretty good picture of my issues with Utah's winters.
Well I was hoping summer would hold out for at least a little longer before having to deal with frigid temperatures but I was not so fortunate. This past weekend Utah was blasted with cold temperatures and SNOW! UGHHH!!!! Where did fall go??? It's not even Halloween yet...why is it snowing already??? We went straight from 85 degree weather to 25 degree whether in like 2 weeks. I'm soooo not ready for this yet!

Our BBQ is going into Hibernation for the winter :(

I caved & bought a new winter coat






4 comments:

Allison said...

WHAT??? I cannot believe you got that much snow. I am shocked. Lucky for me my eyes have not beheld the pain of snow anywhere near me...yet. That is just disgusting.....stupid winter.

Vanessa said...

LOL... well I was in Park City that weekend it snowed and we didnt even get as much as you did... sorry to hear that! I dont share your complete hate of the snow although I do agree with where the heck is Fall???!!! Its my favorite season and I think I saw if for like a week... so sad! Hang in there!

stearman family Blog said...

Yah you are like your mom. Hate the snow. You can keep it. But you know where you can come if you are looking for sunshine. I think Chelsea needs to see some sunshine here in Cali.

Nicole said...

Poor Mo! Love the pretty pictures though - I love PICTURES of snow and maybe one fun day of playing in the snow and then I'm done. What a good hubby to make you breakfast in bed to cheer you up!