Friday, July 24, 2009

Flying High at 29!

So what WAS the gift Brad planned for my 29th birthday??? A private plane ride around the Wasatch front. He arranged with a co-worker of his who is also a private pilot to take us up in a plane and fly over our house, over Ogden Canyon and over Park City. So...the "mysterious" phone call that Brad received was his work buddy, Alan, telling him the plane needed some repairs and it wouldn't be ready on my birthday (hence the delay).

So this last Friday we headed down to the Salt Lake Airport (the private plane area) and met Alan there. He did all the pre flight inspection stuff (which Brad totally ate up) and then we were off! We headed north and flew over Lagoon, over our house, over Hill Air force Base and my favorite part was the Canyon. Brad even got to fly the plane for a good portion of the time (he was pretty much on cloud nine!) It was a really neat thing to be able to do, a once in a life time opportunity really. It was definitely an unexpected and creative gift! It was such a fun adventure. Brad pretty much decided he needed a career change after that. He started looking into flight schools around the country. It was pretty funny!

So that was the big secret...FLYING....yea, NEVER would have guessed that one! Here are some shots from our sky high adventure.


Million Air was where we flew out of

inside the plan with Alan, our Pilot






This was our trusty plane...her name was Piper!

Some of the cool places we saw from WAY up high



5 comments:

stearman family Blog said...

OK that plane is WAY to small for me to go in. You are brave souls. It looked like a fun time. Yeh I wouldn't have guessed that for a birthday gift either. Maybe a gift from you to Brad maybe???

sara said...

How come the birthday girl didn't get to sit in the front? Jay's buddy has a plane and they come and fly over our house. They're mad at me because I won't let them take Anicka. I'm too paranoid. I was having panic attacks when we just went on our trip. SO boring now that I'm a mom :)

Natalie said...

Way cool gift! Love it!

canohappiness said...

WOW never woulda guessed that one! Way to go Brad!

Jeff and Mandy said...

Ok, that is awesome! I think it was just as much for Brad as it was for you... :) but still, that's a fun surprise! I love the bike, and Chelsea walking! They grow up too fast!