I have been complaining that Brad and I don't get out and do much. We have kind of gotten into a rut of just sitting around and watching the boob tube. I hear about all of my friends and the fun things they do together with their spouses or families and I was bummed that we don't do any of those fun things. Not having money and being on a strict budget is always a good excuse to not get out and do things but there are some fun things to do together as a family that are free and so I have been complaining that we don't do enough of those things. Well I think Brad got tired of my complaining because he had a Friday off a couple of weeks ago and he suggested we go on a hike as a family. I JUMPED at the chance to get out and do something both healthy (exercise) and fun! So we borrowed a baby hiking carrier and headed out for Adam's Canyon in Layton. I'm told that there is a waterfall at the end of the hike, which I was really looking forward to seeing, BUT we never made it to the end of the hike. About half a mile into the hike Chelsea started crying. It was getting to be her nap time and the sun was beating down on her ( I brought a hat for her like a good mom but she wouldn't keep it on) and she was just miserable So she cried...and cried...and cried. Having a crying baby while you are trying to hike doesn't make for a very good outing. So after we had gone maybe a mile and half I told Brad we should head back because I didn't want to go the whole way up and the whole way back with a cranky baby. Brad was really bummed but agreed and we headed back to the car. About 5 minutes before we got back to the car Chelsea had fallen asleep. Just our luck! After the failed hike attempt, Brad suggested going for a drive and since Chelsea was now sound asleep in her car seat, I agreed. So we had a really nice drive together and saw some places I'd never seen before. So our attempt at a family hike didn't quite work out but Brad and I decided we want to try the hike again, but this time we will find a sitter so we can be sure we make it to the waterfall!
The start of the hike...still a happy baby
This is where the hike ended for us :(
1 comment:
The end of that hike is pretty hard anyway! I took Anicka once and it sucked. We LOVE the Indian Trail up Ogden Canyon. My kids can all make it on the hike but it's still a good work out and it's BEAUTIFUL. They have a little stream too. I also like Fernwood but haven't taken my kids there because it's so wide open and there are some drop off's so it scares me.
Antelope Island is an awesome place to go bike riding. You do have to pay to go over there but it's so pretty and the roads are nice and there are lots of fun things to see and do.
Post a Comment