Friday, May 6, 2011

Then & Now

This is what I did in 2006:


SLC Half Marathon

AND THIS:
Deseret News 24th of July 10K
And a SLEW of other 5Ks and 10Ks

then I met HIM

and WE wrapped up the year of 2006 by doing this

In 2007 I started this


And in 2008 I ended up with one of these

This is what I did in 2009... A LOT of cleaning up after and chasing after this one...




And then we got THIS message


AND SOOO...

This is what I did in 2010
And then I had me another one of these

Now it's 2011 and this is what I've got going on
Now this one...
Chelsea 2008
Looks like this...
Chelsea 2011
And this one...
Ruby 2010

Looks like this...

Ruby 2011 (almost 10 months)

So what else does 2011 hold for me???

Well, there is this: http://slc.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/SLC_SaltLakeCityAffiliate?fr_id=2133&pg=entry, which happends in less than 24 hours.  My first race in several years.

Then it's onto this: http://www.deseretnews.com/media/run/ (the 10K...not the marathon) in July.

And IF I can survive both of those, the REAL goal is this: http://www.laytonmarathon.com/ (the half).

Running and finishing the Salt Lake Half marathon back in 2006 was one of my proudest moments in life.  Ever since I finished that race I've had the deepest desire to do it again.  But marriage, children and life have all taken priority (as they should have) and training for something as ambitious as a half marathon has not been possible.  I am hoping that 2011 is my year to get back to a half marathon.  I pray that life in the Petersen home will be calm enough that I can devote the time necessary to the training needed.  I am crossing my fingers that my body will be strong enough (I was 30 lbs lighter the last time around so that's asking a lot) and healthy enough to withstand the challenge and remain injury free. 
I'm looking forward to an exciting and fun remainder of 2011.



7 comments:

Allison said...

I loved, loved, loved this post! You have such a cute little family It is amazing what changes can happen over the years...made me stop and think about how long I have known you..going on 8 years??? Wow.

Steph said...

You are an inspiration! And you are looking hot these days, I need to follow your example!

Rayna said...

That was a fun post! I wish you a world of luck on all of the running you have coming up!

stearman family Blog said...

I love how you tell the story. Great job. I'm such a proud mom of 5 great kids. You being the oldest. I love you lots.

Tiff said...

You can do it! I'm almost jealous of you...but not enough to do a half marathon. :)

Emlizw said...

What a great post! That was a fun story abut your year.
Interesting enough ever time I see or hear about a marathon I wonder if you are running in it. This is your year for sure! Good luck with training!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hi Melissa!! I just came across your blog from Natalie Woll's. You have a darling family and I didn't know you had taken up running. That is my passion. It sounds like things are going well for you. My blog is seemommyrun.blogspot.com if you want to see what I have been up to! Some of my favorite memories are from that Pioneer Trek that you were in my family! I miss your family too. We grew up with you guys! Take care! I LOVED this post!