Friday, January 16, 2009

A Daddy/Daughter Weekend

This past weekend Brad and Chelsea spent some quality time together. We had planned to make a trip to St. George for the weekend to visit Brad's Grandma and Grandpa, who are semi-permanently there. A few days before the trip I came down with a nasty head cold and decided that it would be best if I stayed home and rested and not spread my germs with Grandma Ruthe and Grandpa Roy. But I felt horribly guilty not having Chelsea go since the Grandparents haven't seen Chelsea since right after she was born. So, after wrestling with the decision to leave my baby for an entire weekend, I decided to let Brad be a single parent for the weekend. He & Chelsea joined his parents and sister for a wonderful weekend in St. George visiting his grandparents, his Aunt Lynn and my brother Greg. I meanwhile spent the weekend resting and missing my baby. I think it was an awesome thing for Brad and Chelsea to have some serious quality time together (without mom always being there) especially after he was away from her for most of December. They have definitely bonded again. Here are some pics from the road trip to St. George!


ON THE ROAD with Daddy, Me, and Amy.

Chelsea and Grandpa Roy


Lynn, Dave, and Chelsea

Chelsea & Uncle Greggors

Chelsea & Grandma Ruthe


1 comment:

Tiff said...

Daddy daughter outings are a must. I'm sorry to hear that you had a cold. They are nasty things! I hope that you are feeling better now. Other than the cold, I hope that you are doing great!