Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 - a Year of Health

2007 was the year of getting out of debt. Brad and I spent the first year of our marriage working multiple jobs to pay off out debts, going to school, and towards the end of the year moving into our new home.

2008 was the year of the baby! The year was spent preparing in every way for a child to come into our lives. We prepared our house, we prepared financially and all of our efforts went into preparing for, having and adapting to baby!

So then what is the plan for 2009? This year will be a year of health for the Petersen gang! In the previous two years Brad and I have been so focused on our other goals that we lost sight of some important things in our lives. Things that use to come easily are much more difficult now and it's time to shift our focus back to those things. So in 2009 the plan is to focus on our health. This includes everything from our physical health to our dental health :) Really I want to focus on getting my body back into a healthy state, where I'm eating healthier and exercising regularly and also my spiritual health where I can get back into the spiritual habits I once had. For such a long time I've had excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't start working on these areas of my life before, but now i have no excuse. The time is now. So the goals are set and the plans are in motion to get us to those goals. I look forward to refocusing my efforts back on my health and making my spiritual, physical and mental health my priority...and I look forward to dragging Brad along for the ride :)

Happy New Year...Welcome to 2009!

2 comments:

Tommy + Monica said...

Hey guys thanks so much for the personalized soap! That was very thoughtful of you! We missed coming to the party, but as you can imagine we got over it pretty quick being in Hawaii and all! ;) We hope that 2009 is a good year for you!!!!

Amanda said...

Hi Mo! It was so great getting a Christmas letter from you. I loved reading about your year of many happenings!
I will be at Allison's wedding next weekend...maybe just the reception. I am sure you are going, but I just wanted to check. You can email me at acrane@goldenspoon.com

Can't wait to see you!