Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Birthday Bash

We celebrated Chelsea's first birthday with family and friends at Barnes Park in Kaysville. It was a fun evening and Chelsea had an absolute blast. She ate more than I've ever seen any one year old eat (apparently she's a fan of the BBQ ), she rode down the slide and climbed (as best she could) on the jungle gym, attempted to feed the ducks bread but thought the bread would be better in her own mouth than in the ducks mouth, ran around the park, opened presents, blew out a birthday candle (with mom's help) and DEVOURED her "Dora the Explorer" cupcake (and part of her cousin's cupcake too)! Thanks to all those who came and celebrated our little girl's big day with us! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

arriving at the park...so excited!

Saying hello to Aunt Amy

birthday girl playing on the slide

probably the 400th time down the slide

Checking out the ducks and geese



The "Dora the Explorer" Cake and Cupcakes (no thanks to Wal-mart I might add!)


happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...

I'm goin' in!

the first bite

go big or go home!

hey guys, this stuff is good...you should try some!

Mmmm...cake = happiness

the aftermath

more aftermath

Opening gifts

Thanks for coming to my party every one!

The last time down the slide...time to call it a night!

3 comments:

stearman family Blog said...

That was a fun day and Chelsea had a blast. What a hoot. I'm glad we were able to be there to take part in the celebration. It was good to see old friends too. I love the pictures and the captions. You are very creative with your words. I use to be more whitty but I think as I have gotten older I have more GREY matter clogging the creative juices.

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on getting through the first year. I'm glad your party went well. Wish we could have beent there. Have a great day. Loves!!

Jeff and Mandy said...

Wish we could have been there to celebrate! You guys just need to hurry and move here and then we can be close for all the fun celbrations! :)