This past weekend was a special one for the Stearman clan. As mentioned in a previous post, "little" Greggers received his mission call not too long ago. That was an exciting day, but right along side the excitement of a mission is the excitement of going through the temple. Greg has been attending school at Dixie College this past year and decided that he wanted to go through the St. George temple. It worked perfectly for all of us because it was kind of a central point for all of us to travel to. My parents travel up for Cali, Jeff and Mandy made the LONG journey from Arizona, and Brad and I made the trek down from Clearfield. We packed up our bags and left on Friday afternoon. We were lucky and Chelsea was AWESOME on the way down. She slept for the first two hours and then played the second two hours. She only got cranky the last 45 minutes or so...but I can't blame her...I was getting cranky at that point too.Friday night we were lucky enough to stay the night at Brad's Aunt's house. We had a short but wonderful visit with Aunt Lynn, Uncle Dave, Uncle Jim, Aunt Margaret, Grandma Ruthe And Grandpa Roy. Grandma Ruthe made us a yummy dinner and Chelsea got to go play with the chickens that Aunt Lynn has on her property.
Saturday morning it was rise and shine time, bright and early. We got ready in a hurry, said a quick goodbye to Brad's family and headed down to the temple. We dropped Chelsea off at Greg's bishops house first. Bishop Gale's wife was kind enough to watch Chelsea for us while we attended the temple with Greg. We are so grateful for her being willing to do that for us so that we could BOTH go into the temple. The temple session was beautiful! I have never been in the St. George temple so it was a real treat for us. It was so special to be there as a family with Greg. I cried...lots. I kept thinking, "You would think I was his mother or something!" I'm just so proud of Greg and what a righteous young man he's become. He's a great example to me! I have such a strong testimony of the temple and I hope that Greg has the opportunity to gain a strong testimony of the temple too, before he heads off to Paraguay.
After the temple, my parents treated us all to a yummy lunch at the Olive Garden. We all had a good time before we had to say our goodbyes and go our separate way to make the long journey back to our various homes.
Chelsea w/Uncle Jeff waiting at the OG (he's getting his practice in)
Chelsea on temple grounds
2 comments:
What a fantastic trip for you all and such a special day! Yeah!
I can't believe how gorgeous the St. George temple is! I don't think I've ever seen it before. Congrats to Greg and your whole family. You will all be blessed for his missionary service.
Post a Comment