Friday, September 19, 2008

Thank Goodness for Moms

My Mom...My Hero!

Child birth did not go exactly how I planned it...not even close. The last month and a half has been extemely difficult and trying, but there is one person who has made the trials of the last few weeks a little easier to endure...my mom. She originally planned to come to Utah to be here with me for Chelsea's birth and she ended up coming earlier than she planned and stayed much long than any one expected. We all half expected Chelsea to arrive early so my mom cancelled her original plane ticket and booked an earlier flight so she would be sure to be here for the big event. Since I was big and pregnant and very uncomfortable she spent the week and a half before Chelsea was born cleaning my house for me, setting up Chelsea's room, and running all kinds of errands for me. Then after Chelsea was born she spent the following week at my beck and call. She cooked our meals, she cleaned our house, she did laundry, she took care of Chelsea so that I could get some much needed rest, she changed diapers, and made sure Brad, Chelsea and I were well taken care of in every way. Then 2 days before she was set to go back to her home in California and get back to normal life I got really sick. I ended up with a huge infection caused from my C-section. I ended up back in the hospital for another two days and have to have a second surgery to get rid of the infection. In addition to having to start my recovery time all over again I had to be hooked up to an IV 4 times a day (every six hours) for the next week and a half. So my mom came to my rescue once again! She changed her plans to go home with my dad in order to stay in Utah and continue to help me. For the following two weeks she continued to do all that she had been doing PLUS she got up in the middle of the night with Chelsea, took me to all kinds of doctor appointments and cried with me as I struggled with breastfeeding and to get well again.


It has been 2 weeks since she's left (and I miss her like crazy) and now she is home taking care of some one else who needs her help, but I will never forget her selfless acts of love for Brad and I. She went way above and beyond the call of duty and made me feel so special and loved. I am so grateful for her perfect example of Christ-like and motherly love. I hope and pray that I can follow her example and be the kind of mother to Chelsea that my mother has been for me. My mother is my hero!

4 comments:

Jeff and Mandy said...

Your Mom is AMAZING! I'm so glad she could be there for you guys! I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful mom-in-law as her too!We hope you are doing better! Wish we could be there to help!

Vanessa said...

I love your mom!! She is wonderful and yes what an amazing Christ-like spirit of devotion and sacrifice she has! You too, as each day passes with your little one, will develop those characteristics and will get to put them to use many times as Chelsea and your future children grow up. We love Moms!!

Anonymous said...

Tag your it, check out my blog and see what to do next. I love your mom she is a great person, arent moms the best!!! See ya at dinner!!

stearman family Blog said...

I miss you too. Thanks for the nice words. I of course made me cry. But that is all I have been doing latley. Love ya much and miss that little monkey so much.