Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's a GIRL!



Last week was so AWESOME! My mom came into town for a few days and Brad and I decided to surprise her with a little trip to the hospital. We scheduled an appointment with a friend who does Ultrasounds to go find out what the gender of our baby is. So I picked my mom up from the airport and we told her where we were going. She kicked her feet and squeeled she was so excited (which we knew she would be!). So we went to our appointment and to MY GREAT SURPRISE we found out we are having a little girl! Brad and I were both thrilled (he secretly really wanted a girl) but I was mostly shocked. I was convinced that I was having a boy. I even went so far as to buy some little boy clothes... all of which went back to the store the very next day in exchange for some stinkin' cute girly girl dresses. It was such a fun experience to get to see our baby. She moved around a lot and she is very healthy from what we are told. We have a little video of the ultrasound so if you want to see the cutest baby ever...let me know and we'll pop some corn and throw on the DVD!

My mom stayed with us for the next few days and I took a few days off of work to spend time with her. We had a blast shopping for all kinds of cute girly outfits and went through ideas for decorating the baby room. We've decided to go with a purple/lavender daisy theme. The bedding set we got is super cute (I'll post a pic of it so you can see it.) It's a lot more girly than I ever thought I would go but I love it so oh well! It's fun to be having a girl....girl things are fun to shop for.

The hard part about finding out we are having a little girl was deciding on a name for her. Brad and I have talked about baby names since we've been married and we decided on boy names pretty early on that we both agreed upon, but girl names are another story. If he likes it I hate it and visa versa. GEEZ...what a pain! But after a few days of talking about it we finally came up with our daughter's name...one that we both like. She will be named Chelsea Ruthe Petersen (Ruthe is after Brad's grandmother who we both love to pieces).

Chelsea is moving around and kicking quite a bit now. It's so exciting to feel her move. I'm just excited for when Brad can feel the kicking too.

So that's pretty much the big news in our lives. We are both still in school taking a chemistry class together. It can't be over soon enough. Brad is doing much better in the class than I but I am grateful he's there to be my personal tutor. The semester ends in 5 weeks so it will be nice to be done with that.

The basement is coming along nicely and should be sheet rocked in the next couple of weeks.

More updates to come...To be continued...

5 comments:

Jeff and Mandy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are bloggers! And SUPER BIG YAY on having a baby girl! CONGRATS to you and Brad! Your MOm showed us the DVD of your ultrasound and that was so awesome! We are really excited for you! Love you guys!

lisa c. said...

It was SOOOO good to see you Sunday night. I am so excited for you guys and having a girl! She will be so loved by two awesome people! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am WAY Excited for you two, I am already shopping for the baby! Way to go Her cousin needs someone to play with!!!!!

Grandma Babs & Grandpa Scott said...

WOW!! YAHOOOOOOO!!
I get to be another "grandma BABS"

Because My Sister Told Me Too.... said...

Mo! I am so happy for you!!!!! I don't think I can express it over the computer how thrilled I am for you. I miscarried with my first pregnancy too and I know how it feels to get pregnant again. I know the fear and worry that comes along with it and I am so glad that this pregnancy is going so well. I can't wait to see pictures. I am so glad you guys are doing so well. Congratulations on your house, your baby, and well everything! You deserve the best!