Saturday, February 2, 2008

Big News

First comes love...then comes marriage...then comes baby in the baby carriage!

That's right folks...we are gonna have a baby! Brad and I found out Christmas morning that we are pregnant. It was the most perfect timing and was the best Christmas present I could ask for. We we're spending Christmas with my family in California and so they got to be there for the big news instead of having to tell them over the phone. What a wonderful and exciting day!

I am about 12 weeks along and finally starting to feel better. Although I'm still really tierd all the time at least I'm not sick every morning and night. We had our first doctors apt at 8 1/2 weeks and the doc said everything looks good and we even got to have an ultrasound, which allowed us to see the baby's heat beating and we have our first picture of baby Petersen. What a blessing to know that things are going ok this time! Our next doctors apt. is this Tuesday so we are anxious to hear how things are going. I am due on August 13th. Let me tell ya...August can't come soon enough!

But Brad and I have plenty to keep us busy between now and then. Both of us are working and with tax season upon us Brad works really long hours. In addition to work Brad and I are both taking some classes this semester, which keeps us extra busy and if all that wasn't enough...We (well mostly just Brad) are finishing our basement. Brad has stated the framing and is nearly done. Next step is electrical and insullating. We hope our basement will be done by early summer. We are adding a 3rd bedroom to our home and an office/den area as well. We are excited to be done with that project so that we can start working on the next project...the baby room! But we are waiting to find out the sex of the baby before we begin that project.

Well that's our big news. We'll keep ya posted!

3 comments:

lisa c. said...

So now that I know you have a blog! I am so excited for you! what great news and great things happening in your life. I miss ya tons and look forward to seeing new posts from you guys!

Allison said...

I cant wait to see that little Petersen baby running around! It will be time before you know it!


Oh and you can read the haps of allison at snallison.blogspot.com

amy said...

MO! It's amy clark here. I came across your blog & read the exciting news. CONGRATS!! Aaron & I are so excited for you guys. you sound super busy. We look forward to keeping up with what's going on in your life through your blog. You can check us out at sdclarks.blogspot.com.
take care