Sunday, October 17, 2010

San Diego Vacation

This year for our family vacation we loaded up our van and headed to the lovely. San Diego.  My parents rented a condo just a few short steps from the sandy beaches of Mission Beach and they let us crash their party for two weeks.  The ride down...not so pleasant.  We hit major traffic in Utah county on our way out of dodge and spent a lot more time than we wanted listening to Ruby scream her head off.  I have since made a vow to never...ever...under any circumstances take a 6 week old on a road trip again...lesson learned!  Chelsea however, did a FANTASTIC job with the traveling.  We threw Dora into the DVD player and we didn't hear a peep out of her.
Our days in San Diego were spent: relaxing, eating, bike riding & taking walks along the boardwalk to counteract all of the eating, playing cards, playing the wii, reading, boogie boarding, enjoying bon fires (smores included), sun tanning, going to the SD temple, enjoying Sea World, having fun with grandma & grandpa, aunts & uncles and cousins, receiving AMAZING massages from my sister Charity (a massage therapist), and in Brad's case...watching 25+ movies and documentaries.  Fun Fun Fun!  Thanks to Grandma D and Grandpa Steve-o for inviting us and making it such a great and memorable vacaction!



Evidence of the eating...Breakfast at Kono's...Yum-O!


Hangin' out w/ Aunt Charity

Evidence of the bike riding
  
Chelsea & Grandpa checking out the ocean

Dad & Ruby...Relaxing!


Let's go fly a kite


"I'm ready to go to the ocean Mom"


More evidence of the relaxing


check out the racoon eyes...grandpa forgot to put sunscreen under the eyes


grandpa & grandma took Chelsea to Sea World



Cousin time!  Chelsea and Mackenna...Best buds!  Wish they could see eachother more often.  They had a blast together!


This is what I did the whole vacation...read!  I finished 4 books


Mom & Chelsea at the beach


Surfin' USA!

 
Brad enjoyed the ocean more than any of us...he was the boogie boarder of the group!


3 comments:

Allison said...

Looks like the perfect get away!! I might still be a little bit jealous of your adventure to paradise.

Emlizw said...

So Fun!!! I love San Diego. You have the cutest little family ever. I love reading about your adventures. I love the pic of Chelsea all ready to go to the beach.

Jeff and Mandy said...

Ah I'm so sad I missed out on that vaca! I love that pic of Chelsea and Mackenna. The first 2 cousins! I wish we could all see each other more often!