 |
| WELCOME RUBY MAE |
On Monday, July 12th, Brad and I dropped Chelsea off at his parent's house for some fun with Grandma and Grandpa, and we headed to the hospital to have us a baby. Here are some of the pics that we took just before we drove off.
 |
| Last shot of us as a family of 3 |
 |
| Sportin' my 38 week pregnant belly just before heading to the hospital |
Once we arrived at the hospital we were quickly checked in and made comfortable (well as comfortable as one can be with an iv in your hand and monitors strapped to your belly). We spent the morning completing paperwork and meeting nurses, the anesthesiologist, and answering questions. Brad passed the time by watching American Chopper, while I listened to my ipod.
 |
| Sorry about the stretch mark covered belly :) |
My C-section was scheduled for 12:30 pm that afternoon, but it ended up taking a few extra hours. My doctor took a little longer to get to the hospital than we planned. Around 2:00 pm she arrived and met with Brad and I to answer any last minute questions we had, and to tell us how things would go. Right after that I was wheeled into the operating room and the anesthesiologist got to work. My doctor was so amazing. She sat with me while the needle was being inserted into my back and talked to me to try and keep my mind off of the pain and what was going on. She told me about her trips Africa, and her and the nurse were telling Knock Knock jokes. They weren't funny but I appreciate their efforts to try and make my experience better. Everyone from the nurses to the anesthesiologist to the assistants and my doctor were so WONDERFUL during the whole process. They were so concerned with my comfort and well being. At 2:57 pm our little Ruby Mae was born. I was so happy to see her (and this time they actually let me see her and look at her for a few minutes before they rushed her off). I could tell she had blonde hair and she had chubby looking cheeks.
 |
| Ruby Mae Petersen - born 7-12-2010 at 2:57 pm, 8 lbs 2 oz, 19 1/2 inches |
Ruby was brought to me as soon as I entered my recovery room and I was able to snuggle her and nurse her immediately (loved that)! The rest of the day I spent snuggling my baby, trying to stay coherent as the drugs from the C-section wore off & itching my entire body (that has got to be the worst part of the C-section experience...the ITCHINESS afterwards...AHHHH!!!)
My thoughts about Ruby: I couldn't believe just how teeny tiny she was. After Chelsea being born so big it was odd to have a baby so small this time. (I realize that 8 lbs isn't exactly small but she is super small in my eyes.) I love love love that I have a little blonde this time. I expected Chelsea to be blonde but got a brunette. This time I expected a little brunette and I got a little blonde. So far she has been the most perfect baby. She is calm and hardly ever cries. She is content and happy. We have had to go purchase a few clothing items for her cause she didn't fit in anything we already had. She's so small and we didn't have any newborn sized clothes. (Last time my baby didn't fit into those...we jumped straight to 3 months clothing). I'm still terrified about being a mother of two but I am loving my new little girl!
Chelsea is slowing adapting to her new sister. The first time she saw her in the hospital she was really cute. She kept yelling "Baby Baby Baby". She likes to hold Ruby and she often asks her "What's wrong baby?" It's pretty funny. Now that we are home most of the time she ignores little Ruby but then she'll remember that Ruby is there and she'll run over and ask her what's wrong or just touch her and say "Hi Ruby". I'm looking foward to watching these two beautiful girls of mine become best friends and grow up together.
Here are some pics we've taken over the last few days.
 |
Dad & Ruby
|
 |
Mom & Ruby
|
 |
Chelsea & Ruby
|
 |
| Dad, Chelsea & Ruby |
 |
| First Family Photo |
4 comments:
Awww, what a sweet "tiny" baby! I think being a mother gets so much better when you get to watch 2 or more of your kids interact. It is wonderful to see the bond begin and then grow. You will be an amazing mother of two! Congrats!
I cannot wait to meet that little baby! She is adorable. So happy that everything went well and that you are all at home together.
Congratulations! She is beautiful!
Love the pictures and story. I'm so glad we were able to come visit and help. Love ya guys.
Post a Comment