Today marks the beginning of week 13 of my pregnancy, the final week of my 1st trimester. The end of my first trimester couldn't come soon enough for me this time. I just thought I would list some of the "hellos" and "goodbyes" (some I'm really looking forward to and some I'm really not) that come with week 13 for me.
Goodbye nausea (hopefully)
Goodbye vomit (hopefully)
Goodbye complete exhaustion
Goodbye saltine crakers for every meal and between meals too
Goodbye ginger cookies
Goodbye pants without a stretch belly insert :(
Goodbye food aversions
Goodbye deep breaths
Hello maternity clothes
Hello stretch marks
Hello energy (hopefully)
Hello doctor's appointments
Hello shortness of breath
Hello peeing every 5 minutes and at least 4 times a night
Hello heart burn
Hello baby flutters
Hello ever growing belly (and butt and thighs, etc. etc. etc.)
That about sums it up for me.
Ya know, there are some women that thoroughly enjoy the pregnancy experience. During my pregnancy with Chelsea there were times when I thought I could understand where those women were coming from and that I might even be one of those women, but this time around I've decided that I am definitely NOT one of those women. Pregnancy has been difficult, emotional, and exhausting for me this time (at least up until this point) and I think I'm more like the women out there who don't necessarily enjoy pregnancy but rather just endure it in order to get the beautiful miracle at the end. I know...I sound like such a negative nellie huh?
My first Dr. apt is not for another 2 weeks and I am very anxious to meet with my doctor at this point and get some questions answered and some concerns resolved. Due to my nightmare of a birth experience last time I am already stressing out and concerned about the labor and delivery part of this pregnancy and I have a long road ahead before I should be so worried about it.
I am anxious to find out the sex of this baby too. I'm pretty confident that we will be having a little boy this time but it will be nice to have an ultrasound to confirm my suspicions.
Other than the fact that I have been so extremely sick with this pregnancy the whole thing still doesn't seem real. It will be nice to hear a heartbeat, feel some flutters, and start to feel like I've got life growing within me rather than just feeling like I have a never ending flu bug.
So here's three cheers for week 13...Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know exactly where you're coming from...I enjoyed pregnancy from about month 5 (when I finally stopped being sick all day long) to about month 8 (when I was too big to do much of anything). But the miracle at the end makes it all worth it! :)
Congrats, I didn't know you were pregnant!
I hope you start feeling better soon!!
Congratulations again! Hope I get to see you soon and hope you feel better quicker than that!
Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were expecting again! I'm so excited and happy for you and Brad. And also for Chelsea, who'll have another sibling to play with and boss around. Big sisterhood seriously has its perks.
Congratulations on making through the first trimester.I hope the best for # 2. I hope your gut feeling is dead on about a boy.
How exciting for you and Brad.
CONGRATS!!!! yippee for #2! I just found out from reading this. i've been so out of the blogging world for a couple months now. so excited for your fam!
Yeah I am so excited you are finally out of the 1st trimester! That is sooo exciting, boy do i wish i was as far as long as you! Love you guys and CONGRATS!!
Post a Comment