Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Faces of Chelsea



Holy Cow! Has it been 6 months already??? Our little girl is growing up so fast. Yesterday we took her for her 6 month check up with her doctor. She is now 18 lbs (87th percentile) 27.25 inches long (93rd percentile) and other than a little cold and congestion, a healthy, happy, 6 month old. That's always nice for a parent to hear. The last 6 months have been so fun with Chelsea as part of our little family. We've certainly had our small challenges (i.e. late nights, nasty diapers, constant spit-up) but we've also had so much fun with her. Here are a few updates on her development.

What she's doing now:
-Sleeping through the night (that started at about 3.5 to 4 months old ...thank goodness)
-Sitting up with support
-Rolling over from stomach to back...we are still working on back to front (she hates being on her stomach)
-Playing with/eating her feet
-babbling
-giggling (she is very ticklish)
-screaming (a high pitched squeal when she's trying to talk)
-Pulling herself up from a sit to a stand
-Eating baby foods (fruits, veggies and cereal). She wasn't so sure about carrots at first but has since warmed up to them. She likes just about everything you put in her mouth.
-Pooping...A LOT! The amount of diapers I change has DRAMATICALLY increased since she's started eating the above mentioned foods.
-Putting her binkie back in her mouth all by herself. She still gets it put in backwards but she's learning.
Some of her FAVORITE things to do:
-As mentioned before...eating her feet. Those piggies go in her mouth as soon as she gets the chance.
-Baths. She's loved baths since the day she was born but they are even more fun now since Grandma D bought her a cool duck bath. She would play in there for hours if I let her.
-Being outside or even just watching outside. Some times when she's cranky I will just put her in front of our back door just so she can stare outside. She loves it even more when it's snowing (she definitely did not get that from her mother)
-Burping. (I have a weird kid). She just thinks it's hysterical when people burp (the louder the better) and then say a dramatic "Excuse me"
-Eating. This girl can't get enough of peas, carrots, squash, pears, peaches, bananas...you name it. She gets so excited when she gets to eat food, whether in bottle form or not (she does get that from her mother)
-Play in her exersaucer. She loves that thing!

Here are some of the funner pics taken of her over the past 6 months!









9 comments:

stearman family Blog said...

OK Cutiest grand baby ever. I win when it comes to cute grand babies. I love the pictures. You didn't include one of her in her new duck.

Natalie said...

Cute pictures! Love them! Isn't amazing the number of pictures you can take of a little baby?!?

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! I sure do love that little girl! I love all the pictures and agree with you it is a cute Blog post!!!

BH said...

She is so cute! I love the pictures.

Derek & Penny said...

Well if you say that she likes burping than she would like me! :) She is getting sooo big. I am coming down the end of May and would love to see you. It will be a quick trip but, we should get together with the gals (and husbands if you want) mine won't be with me but, I don't mind haveing you husbands there.

Jeff and Mandy said...

How precious! That smile of hers is priceless! I'm sure we will hardly recognise her next time we get to see her!

Grandma Babs & Grandpa Scott said...

She sure is a sweetie. Give her a big hug for me.

sara said...

What a darling cute girl!! (send me pink vibes PLEASE lol) She is such a sweetie. You left one of her toys here last time. You and Brad will have to come to dinner to get it back. I'm FINALLY cleaning and cooking again ;)

Derek & Penny said...

She is getting so big so fast! I can not believe how adorable she is. It must feel amazing to look at her and think... wow she is mine! Um, I tagged you on my blog check it out when you have a moment. :)