Another tradition we started this year was visiting Temple Square to see the lights for Family Home Evening. We bundled Chelsea up nice and warm and headed down to Salt Lake. There were choir groups singing Christmas carols, the lights were beautiful and the spirit of Christ, love and Christmas was abundant there. It was a really chilly night but it was definitely worth being a little cold to stand with my eternal companion and our amazing daughter outside of the beautifully lit temple, where it all began!
CELEBRATING 2 YEARS...VEGAS STYLE!
Speaking of the beginning...on December 8th Brad and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. And for the second year in a row, his employer sent him on a business trip for the occasion. So I figured if you can't beat 'em...join 'em. Since spending my anniversary alone AGAIN didn't sound very appealing to me I decided that I would join my hubby for a few days of fun in Vegas, where he was with several of his co-workers putting on some seminars. Brad and I stayed at the Treasure Island hotel, which I might add has the MOST amazing beds ever! Our room was really great and we were right in the middle of every thing. The first evening we were there Brad and I had dinner at CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) in the Mirage hotel with all of his co-workers. It was so nice to meet everyone and they were all so accepting, friendly and kind. This lady Jill was my favorite. She was so perky and upbeat. She hugged me the second she found out who I was. It was funny. I wish I could have one ounce of her enthusiasm. After dinner Brad and I separated from the group and headed off on our own. Brad had the idea to walk down to the New York New York hotel and get some cheesecake for dessert. The idea sounded great to me. We both figured they had to have cheesecake...I mean com'on...New York Cheesecake right? Hmmm...not so much. The New York hotel was literally on the complete opposite end of the strip from where we were, but we both figured we could get a lot of sight seeing in and we would be rewarded for our long walk with a yummy cheesecake dessert before we had to make the trek back. We were right about one thing...we got to see the sights. We snuggled and watched the Bellagio fountains go off a few times (very romantic) and checked out a few of the hotels.
After making our way down the strip and to the New York Hotel we were informed that there was no cheesecake there and that the best place to get cheesecake would be at the Cheesecake Factory located inside the Cesar's Palace mall...right next door to where we were for dinner, hours before. Bummed! So we headed back, and after what seemed like forever, we finally got to the Cheesecake Factory (just minutes before they closed) and enjoyed a slice of heaven. My feet were killing me (didn't bring the right shoes...bad move!) and Brad was exhausted, so after our cheesecake indulgence we headed back to our hotel room for the most restful slumber I've had in oh say...4 months or so. I'm not sure if I owe that to the amazing bed or the lack of a child in the room with me. The next morning Brad and I enjoyed a tasty breakfast and then headed out for some more fun. Some of the highlights were: the gondola ride at the Venetian Hotel, and visiting the Wynn hotel (the people inside practically drip with money). That evening Brad and I again had dinner with the Taxworks crew at PF Changs (delicious!) and then the whole group headed down to the MGM Grand where we had tickets to see one of the Cirque du soleil shows (KA). I will say that Brad LOVED the show and I will say that I was entertained but was disappointed. It wasn't at all what I thought and it did not meet my expectations. I guess you live and learn. In the end it was a nice evening. After the show, Brad's Co-workers were so kind to allow him to take the rest of the evening off to spend with me while they headed back to set up for the next day's seminar. Brad and I hit the M&M store and a few other hotels before making our last stop at the Cesar's Palace mall again. You see the night before I had spyed this yummy looking ice cream (gilato) stuff in a Kiosk in the mall. I told Brad that's where I wanted to go get dessert. I have such a nice hubby. We went. We ordered. He paid. I heard the man tell him the total we owed for the ice cream and I about choked. Guess how much we paid for two lousy scoops of ice cream...GUESS!!! You'll never guess! 36 bones! That's right Thirty-six dollars. I felt raped! If I would have known, there is no way I would have suggested going there. Crazy! But my wonderful husband just wanted to make me happy so he forked over the big bucks. To this day I am still a bitter critter (seething really) about the ice cream situation. I could have bought like 12 gallons of ice cream at Albertsons for that price. Raped I tell you! After that adventure we watched the moving statue show and then headed back to our room to rest our soar tootsies. The next day I said goodbye to my husband of 2 years and hopped on a plane, while Brad went back to work with the rest of the gang. It was an expensive, yet wonderful two days. It's so weird to think that it's been two years already. Marrying Brad was the best decision I've ever made. We laugh together, we cry together, we help each other become better, we complete each other. Can't wait to see what year #3 will bring!
Besides just spending time with my family two of the highlights of our trip was a dinner at Soup Plantation with my parents and attending their Stake Christmas program. Soup Plantation is my all time favorite restaurant and when I lived in San Diego I was a frequent visitor, however, since moving to Utah I have probably only been to it's equivalent (Sweet Tomato) once. The closest one is about 45 minutes away :( . But in the city of La Quinta they recently opened a brand new Soup Plantation and it's less than a mile from my parent's house. So I was very excited to go and enjoy their do-it-yourself salads, creamy mac N Cheese and their OH SO GOOD corn bread! It was HEAVEN! Chelsea came along and was such a good girl. All the old people in the restaurant kept walking by & commenting on what a good and pretty baby she is ( I would have to agree :)
Jeff's learning the ropes...did he subconsciously know????
It was sad to say goodbye but I am grateful that I was able to spend some time with them. I look forward to June when we will all be together for a week of Stearman fun. We are all getting together for a big HOORA in Mamouth before Greg heads out on his mission. It's not confirmed but I heard a rumor that there is going to be a Wii bowling tournament...better get to work Pops, it could be embarrassing to get beat by a girl with a Wii-Knee!
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY TWO FRONT TEETH!
2 comments:
Wow thanks for the updates... I feel so out of touch of your life these days... I miss you!! And all I can say after reading all of that - and yes I did read all of it- is WHAT??!! $36 for flippin ice cream????!!!! Seriously Brad loves you cause I woulda been like "girl aint no ice cream worth payin that much for... lets go get cinnabon instead and I will even let you get more icin on your big bun... thats how much I love you." Im so happy that you and Brad had such an amazing anniversary and you had such wonderful trips and holidays! Cant wait to see you!!
Awesome updates! Seems like you guys had a great Christmas, and I was excited to see that we made your top ten list. I feel so honored! :) And you are welcome for the pics because I wanted to send some to you anyway, but that works just as well! We are so glad we got to spend time with you and Chelsea!
Post a Comment