Sunday, June 15, 2008

California Trip - June 2008


On June 11th Brad and flew down to California to cheer Greg on at his high school graduation and for a much needed vacation. It was a wonderful trip! We arrived and spent that evening sweating to death in the football stands at the high school (it's Palm Springs so it's flippin' hot, even in the evening). But all the sweat and soar rear ends were worth it to see my little brother walk in white. He graduated with a 4.2 GPA, which meant he got to walk in a white cap and gown. We are all very proud of his ambition and hard work over the last 4 years! If only I had on ounce of his drive and ambition! We enjoyed eating a yummy cake and ice cream afterwards as Greg opened his graduation gifts. Greg and best friend Bryce headed down to San Diego for a much deserved graduation celebration/weekend get away. I'm sure the had a great time!


On Thursday, Brad and I enjoyed a nice visit with my Aunt Dayna and my Grandpa who was in town from Northern California. We had a very pleasant afternoon playing volleyball in the pool and soaking up the California sun. When you see the pictures (in the slide show) don't be alarmed. My parents didn't get a new pet whale. The black thing resembling Shamoo in the pictures is me. Pregnancy in a bathing suit isn't my best look! Anyway, we had a great BBQ lunch and enjoyed the sun, pool and company. The rest of the day was spent relaxing, napping and some more relaxing...the way any good vacation should be spent.


On Friday, my mom treated Jaylee and I to some serious pampering. She took us to go get pedicures. We got our feet massaged and toe nails painted. It was such a nice treat! Thanks mom! Jaylee and I had a great time! Then that evening my mom and dad took Brad and I out to dinner at the Outback Steak House to celebrate Brad's 27th birthday (coming up on Tuesday, June 17th). Besides the waitress spilling our drinks everywhere it was a pleasant meal and a great time out. After dinner, we returned to my parents house for a long awaited game of 3-13. It's a card game that I learned from Brad's parents when Brad and I were dating. We taught the game to my parents last year when we were on vacation with them and now they are hooked. So we played a fun round of cards (brad won...of course!) and then took a late night dip in the pool to cool off. It was a FANTASTIC evening!


Saturday, was a sad day. We had to pack up our bags and head back to the airport. It was hard for me to leave. I enjoy spending time with my family and miss them lots.


It was a wonderful and relaxing vacation. Thank you so much mom and dad for making our stay with you so enjoyable. We are looking forward to August when we can spend some more time together!

1 comment:

Jeff and Mandy said...

Wish we could have been there in Cali to see you guys. Mo you like what that witch lady on Robin hood says, "she's ripe." Can't wait to see you guys in August!